Homemade liquid hand soap
 
I finally found a liquid soap recipe to wash my hands that suits me.

I tried a lot of recipes but none had satisfied me: either it did not wash or hurt, either it was not concentrated enough, or when it was used a trickle trickled and drooled (white texture). egg as my friend Fiona would say ^^). So I share the recipe here 😊
Why use natural and / or homemade soap

Doing your own hand soap allows you to control what you put in it. Because the compositions of the soaps sold in the shops, it is not pretty pretty ...

Sodium lauryl (or laureth) sulfate is the washing base, but it is cheap surfactant, non-biodegradable, and it is a powerful irritant that can also cause allergies. Today, it is very difficult to find a soap without this substance. She is everywhere. And lauryl sodium (not laureth) is still allowed in organic products. So beware of certifications, because even products called "natural" use this substance and many more besides (because the list is long). The best way is to check the compositions.

And as with all rinsed products we use, sewage lands in wastewater treatment plants and is released into the environment (because not all the molecules are removed by the treatment). They are found in soils, groundwater and directly affect animals and plants. Thus, pollution thrives ... So let's use good natural products for us and the planet.
Ingredients:

I used Marseille soap from Marius Fabre that I grated. I have dedicated a complete article to Marseille soap, how to recognize it, where to find it, I tell you everything here.

As for the black soap, I used black soap with linseed oil found in organic store. Marius Fabre offers a version with olive oil.

It's the Marseille Soap / Black Soap combo that works best for me 😉

- 30 g of black soap

- 30 g of Marseille soap

- 400 ml of water (or more depending on the desired texture)

- Fragrance or essential oil - optional (I do not put any)

- You can add a tablespoon of olive oil (or other) to feed the hands and not to dry them
Recipe:

- Put the water to heat in a saucepan over low heat

- Add the grated Marseille soap and black soap, stir until dissolved

- Turn off the heat when the ingredients are dissolved

- At this moment, the texture is very liquid, do not panic, you have to wait until everything cools, solidifies, and it's quite long. (In order to cool down faster, you can also divide the amount of starting water to heat and add it at the end when all the ingredients are dissolved.)

- Mix with a blender when it is well cooled, good foam will appear and the texture will be much thicker.

- Put in a pump bottle and use ☺

To know: We must remember to stir the bottle (say once a week) to re-homogenize the soap because over time, the aqueous phase will tend to rise.

Here is what gives texture level:






And foam level:

 

 
My opinion

For me, the foam is sufficient. I am not in search of absolute foam but some may have this lack by switching to natural. A nut is enough for me but we can also put more for more foam. It washes well, I did the test with hands full of chalk and I can tell you that it works well! 👍

It's fast, easy, you can multiply the quantities to be quiet for a moment. And of course it's economical, environmentally friendly and zero waste 😉

I did not notice any rancor of this homemade product before I got to the end 👌

I have never found a liquid hand soap in bulk (it certainly exists, I hope); liquid hand soaps in organic stores are expensive; do your hand soap is a good alternative.

I tried to use it to do the dishes but I am not convinced.

Well, I hope this little DIY will have you more. What do you use to wash your hands? 🌿